SNAPSHOT LIVE: Snapshot
CIP-111 aims to find and lease a space for Citydao citizens to gather while experimenting with DAO primitives, public good and common partial ownership.
It is important if you like this proposal or you have something to add: We are encouraging you voice your opinion in the forum. Alternatively you can leave comments on the google doc that would also work. If you enjoy, please don’t forget to like the post to advance the idea to snapshot.
- Locate a selection of suitable spaces large enough to fit 50+ people
- Lease the space voted on by citizens
- Use Development budget to create an application that will accommodate a partial common ownership model
In a major US City, final city to be voted on by citizens (Using staked voting contract and Quadratic voting)
- Create somewhere for citizens to go and work, chill out, attend events
- Create a potential revenue source for the DAO
- Experiment with a partial common ownership model - that will likely be used for the big parcel
- Create an event that will put CityDAO on the map by experimenting with new technologies
- Governance over first IRL space
- Quadratic voting to assign harberger taxes from Partial common ownership (Development of space[art, tech, events], back to citydao, another/larger space, etc.)
Project Team puts together shortlist of spaces that meet the following criteria
-Central Location in a City
- 5,000 Sqft + (aiming for 100 sqft/person or so - intentionally a bit dense)
- Ready to move in
- Max 1 year lease (Sub-lease at FSG)
- Max Yearly Lease Cost: $150,000
Development for partial common ownership model begins
Shortlist voted on by citizens
Lease signed by project team on CityDAO behalf (probably legal sign)
Prep space for use (if necessary, including furniture)
Space grand opening
Partial common ownership/harberger taxes introduced
- Oisin Lyons (Lyons800) - Strategy and Project Management
- Josh Rosenberg (Sorry to put your name on something else) - Real estate acquisition/lease, legal
- Xyz - Development lead for partial common ownership model and booking
- Abcd - Operations and Administration lead responsible for help with space, coordination and administration duties
Authorise $200k to lease the space and for any acquisition costs.
The budget decision will be through snapshot vote with a selection of spaces .
The team comp will be 10k for the team upon completion of the project.
Legal Fees etc. will be included in the space budget.
Partial Common Ownership Model (Basic)
Bookings Dashboard on front end to organize the booking times of the space
Members can access up to 40 hours a week on one membership
NFT minted to create the membership each week (Soulbound token)
Citizens can use QV to decide use of the funds if staked in the space contract.
Users will stake their membership amount each week as well as a maximum bid for membership.
When staking, they must select their chosen space hours in booking system
If a user falls below the bid level, their max bid will trigger to bring them up to the next available spot above minimum.
When deadline 1 hits, users cannot change the max bid.
When deadline 2 hits, members will be selected and funds withdrawn from the contract. (Any funds left from max bid will be returned)
When funds are withdrawn, a soulbound membership token will be issued to the selected members.
These Soulbound tokens will be issued each week and can be used as governance in the space (as non-citizens)
Partial Common Ownership Model (Complex) - Optimization for max capacity
FSG (full service gross) - our “all-in” costs for operating in the space (minus our actual operation cost - FSG is just building related)