CIP-112: Parcel Zero Autonomization

Lots of opinions here, but I will do my best to respond to relevant questions.

Why not? Can you point us to rules or guidelines which outline the process that should happen? It seems effecient to get as much done as possible in a single vote instead of nickle and diming the community with small asks.

Do you know actual costs? You say this is an overestimate, but a week ago (7/23) your estimate was “10-15k per year at max” meaning this amount may actually only cover us for a year or two.

The only reason we have to wait on this is because CityDAO has not created an opportunity for Parcel Zero holders to express interest.

I’m also not sure how we see this as a large amount of money. In real terms it is around 1% of our treasury. In relative terms it is ~3x what was justified to send 8 citizens (yourself included) to visit Parcel Zero for one day. We have maybe 10 developers who have expressed interest in working on this; CIP-112 is the mandate. If there were literally anything else happening for which these funds were competing there could be a discussion about highest and best use, but in this case we’re talking about money that is otherwise sitting idle… at a time which is very valuable for Parcel Zero momentum.

Stating your opinion does not make a fact. Care to raise an actual concern or identify an innaccuracy?

We are aware of your position. The irony here is that this CIP was inspired by your request to have a CIP sort out whether or not we should expand the discord.

Gatekeeping this ‘project’ because it is not a ‘guild’ misrepresents the effort. Parcel Zero has more membership interest than all guilds combined.

I absolutely agree with you. It is impressive how much the DAO has been able to accomplish with a shoestring budget.

Once governance is in place we should absolutely revisit these topics.

Thank you @alexthims. The Dev team is extremely appreciative of your efforts to fast-track payments for outstanding promises. Not only did this close the loop on unfunded committments, it also freed up the Dev guild to have funding to continue work for CityDAO.

Although a bonus is a good way to think about this (and is in that vein), that is not the reasoning for this distribution. Most of the people who delivered Parcel Zero went above and beyond on their contractual obligations. The midnight oil was burned to include a variety of extra items, contribute more than was expected, include additional rework to really polish things, publish related documentation, etc.

While it could be thought of as a bonus (which would be deserved), I see it more as a recognition for excess efforts.