CIP-113: Sell Parcel 0

Parcel 0 is a liability – it costs CityDAO money ($100k annually, according to CIP-112) while bringing in no new revenue.

As such, CIP-113 proposes that we sell Parcel 0 and re-invest the proceeds into land that we can build upon and make economically productive.

2 Likes

[Parcel Zero] costs CityDAO money ($100k annually, according to CIP-112 )

This is incorrect. The money requested in CIP-112 is unrelated and makes no reference to annual costs other than the $2k annual carrying cost estimate that @Fugyeah (and/or @fugyeah1) came up with.

That said, if the DAO doesn’t want to fund Parcel Zero efforts directly, this could be an alternative mechanism to raise related funds. I think this may need to specify that funds from the sale would be transferred to Parcel Zero NFT treasury.

I think Parcel Zero NFT holders would also need to have a say in this though, considering the impact on the Parcel Zero NFT License Agreement.

3 Likes

Yeah, 100k is like what parcel zero wants to be. It’s like saying I want to drive a Lambo but I got a Honda civic instead.

1 Like

Man, I wish I could afford a Honda Civic. :smile:

2 Likes

CIP-114: sell Parcel 0 and buy David a 2002 Civic

7 Likes

I had a honda civic in high school, it was bought used and didn’t last long, but it had a sunroof, and man, did I love it, good times.

fully support CIP-114

2 Likes

I believe that we should not sell Parcel 0 since we can still use it for experiments without a lot of risk.

3 Likes

Also registering against selling parcel 0, we can do something like this with it to make it useful: CIP-XXX Parcel 0 Activation - Google Docs

3 Likes

The actual carrying costs are minimal for Parcel 0, I have seen a lot of people talking about their opinions (fears) on taxes and fees for professional services… lets just focus on facts for Parcel 0 operations at status quo (assuming no improvement or expanded use)

Taxes (2022 Assessment): $600 [can be expected to increase year over year by perhaps 1-2%]
Property Insurance (2022): $525
Parcel Zero, LLC Legal fees (incorporation): $2,000 [note still a little more to come but minimal going forward, such as yearly agent fee of approx $300]
Parcel Zero, LLC accounting fees: none
Operational Expenses: none [excluding dev work on Parcel 0 mint and reveal which are one time sunken costs]

So… Parcel 0 is definitely NOT a $100k/year sinkhole. If we want to increase spending as @DenverCitizen9 suggested that would require new calculations, but as of now, the costs are minimal and it is definitely an asset (not a liability). There is absolutely no current reason to even consider alienating the property.

4 Likes

1000%. Parcel 0 is and continues to be a very useful playground for experimentation, and we are just getting started on exploring decentralized governance. Let Parcel 0 be!

2 Likes

It’s tough to comprehend selling Parcel0, it’s such a milestone for putting land on chain and for taking steps towards a network city.

1 Like

Are either of these actually true? Land has been on-chain since 17/18. “Network city” is a Bijalian Utopia that we arguably are not taking steps towards… our governance remains largely corrupt and incompetent. I see very little innovation precisely because people are holding onto meaningless notions and false ideologies rather than thinking like engineers and investors.

My 20k over 10 years back of envelope estimate sounds more accurate. Lol

Umm, clearly disagree on pretty much your full reply. Will leave it at that

1 Like

Parcel 0 has huge symbolic, cultural, and meme value for CityDAO. Absolutely should not sell.

3 Likes