CityDAO has continued to need basic support and business functions but unfortunately CityDAO did not properly plan for continuation of any responsibilities going into 2023. The need for these roles still exists, and Alex and Josh have continued to function in these roles informally due to their necessity and importance to DAO functioning. These contributors have continued to provide continuation services in their former roles in an unpaid capacity for the month of January 2023 and basic business operations are an ongoing function.
Alex (alexthims) – Bookkeeping & CPA Liaison
Josh (j0sh I DAOvolution) – Compliance-Related Operations & Outside Counsel Liaison
1. If a quorum of 250 is reached and this CIP is approved, the Team will use its best efforts to undertake the following “Basic” back-office business functions:
- Three (3) month term commencing retroactively to January 1, 2023 and ending March 31, 2023
- Continuation of Ongoing Compliance (Legal + Finance) Guild Responsibilities from Q4 2022
- Maintenance of the CityDAO PO Box in Cody, WY (including any related fees if necessary)
- Services provided to CityDAO for basic back-office operation (legal + finance), including but not limited to:
- Sole Liaison with outside professional service providers (“PSP’s”)
- Basic bookkeeping record management
- General filings, property taxes, authority and/or signatures for procuring insurance policies (or as otherwise legally required)
- Sole Authority to manage the relationships with PSP’s, including any related/reasonable expenditures, with transparent backups supplied.
- Current PSP’s include: Lorenzo CPA, Montague Law (EthLaw), Burg Simpson (Parcel 0 and CityDAO agent) and Hathaway & Kunz
- Other PSP’s and software that may be necessary due to evolving nature of projects and DAO operations
- Retroactive compensation for the month of January 2023 - $1,650 USDC to each contributor
- Ongoing compensation for February/March 2023 - $1,650 USDC to each contributor
- Total Team Compensation: $9,900
2. Should this proposal: (i) fail to achieve twenty (20) “likes” on this discourse page, (ii) fail to meet quorum, or (ii) fail to be approved:
Should this CIP-142 not proceed for any reason other than withdrawal or abandonment by its proposers, it will be deemed to be a formal act of governance relieving Alex and Josh of their duties and assumed carry-over responsibilities from Q4 2022. Should this happen, the roles described herein will go unfilled, and the proposers will no longer be responsible for any of the above-mentioned responsibilities or any other responsibilities/duties with respect to the DAO. The proposers will be expressly released from any and all responsibility relating to the performance of these duties henceforth.
Miscellaneous Terms of CIP-142:
All payments will be made from the Main Treasury:
Payments initiated for or from this team will be queued to the Main Treasury using an appropriate method, including without limitation, a Utopia payment link including supporting documentation. The Multisig will execute such payments in a timely fashion, but in any event, no later than five (5) days after submission from the team.
If for any reason, the project Team must pay for a DAO-related expense, CityDAO will promptly reimburse such team member(s) for these expenses, including any related transaction fees or gas fees. If performance of duties hereunder requires a physical or digital signature, the team members are authorized to make it, and for the avoidance of doubt or ambiguity, the team members are the only people in the DAO who are expressly authorized to do so with respect to accounting or legal professionals on CityDAO’s behalf.
The project proposers may transition their responsibility to a suitable and adequately qualified CityDAO contributor, subject to CityDAO’s selection and/or approval of said replacement. The team may also resign from responsibility, at any time upon seven (7) days written notice given to CityDAO (in a manner deemed suitable to CityDAO). For the avoidance of ambiguity - This CIP-142 is not a contract for employment or otherwise.
This CIP-142 may be amended by the proposers at any time prior to Snapshot, subject to compliance with all other material terms contained herein.
Performance hereunder will be expressly subject to the indemnity rights afforded by the CityDAO Operating Agreement. Additionally, this team will not be liable to CityDAO or to any Citizen, or any other party for that matter, with respect to its performance hereunder, nor for any other types of damages, including without limitation, any incidental, indirect, special, consequential, exemplary, or punitive damages. CityDAO agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold the team harmless from any such claims, liabilities, or damages, including the team’s attorneys fees. Wyoming law governs this CIP and all related considerations. For the avoidance of doubt, these defense, indemnity and hold harmless obligations will extend from CityDAO in favor of the project team for any and all issues that may arise in the future due to a lack of accountability or responsibility-holder in the former roles in the event of #2 above, and this provision is a material term of this CIP-142. (for example, if a service provider sends CityDAO to collection, if services lapse, or if taxes are not paid - this team is EXPRESSLY NOT RESPONSIBLE if the conditions set out in #2 above should occur). The intent of this provision is to say that, should CityDAO miss payment of an amount that this team would have been responsible for had they been approved, they are expressly not responsible.
This team will work directly with the CityDAO Multisig but the team members will not hold or retain seats on the Multisig, and this will include any replacements who later fill either role due to transition/resignation or are added later.