CIP 31 - Increase the quorum for Snapshot votes

Interesting point about a shorter voting period. Not sure how that plays out in the asynchronous web3 world but certainly worth discussing and maybe testing at some point, as I see its benefits IRL.

I definitely like the idea of a set day of the week to hold or begin voting periods. Anecdotally, I missed a couple of votes because our group (gracefully) is light on pings and some other servers I’m in wash everything out. The consistency of knowing, say, every Thursday afternoon there might be a CityDAO referendum on Snapshot would be very helpful in terms of integrating that into my schedule.

I also agree that leaving smaller decisions to delegates makes sense. That way we can concentrate on increasing turnout for the most important issues.

1 Like

I think it’s worth considering and if elected to the council I will definitely bring it up for consideration.

1 Like

My two cents: as long as the proposal is properly announced and is live for a sufficient amount of time, low voter turnout is a feature, not a bug. Demanding that someone vote on an issue is silly, as they might not feel confident in their understanding of the issue and prefer not to weigh in.

By requiring as many citizens as possible vote, you’re essentially promoting uneducated voting. The “vote yes on everything” pattern is already bad enough.

You make a good point. Choosing not to vote is an option also. One that I have made in the past if I felt I didn’t have enough knowledge or want to weigh in on a decision I didn’t feel strongly about.

4 Likes