CIP 50: Proposed Partnership with Nemus

They’re parcel viewer alone is such a good user interface that it speaks highly of their skills. I’m excited for the AMA and I think the benefit is not only conservation of land but also partnering with an excellent team. The way they gamify parcel ownership is an excellent idea with nice looking NFTs. We could potentially learn a lot from them.

1 Like

to do our due diligence we need to see their documentation (the equivalent of our charter, oa and articles of incorporation) and bylaws of the DAO and the foundation and how they interact. Also need to see the title to the land. If the foundation is independent and doesn’t have any contractual obligation to the DAO or the nft holders, it can do whatever it wants with the land despite our best intentions.

2 Likes

They are not a DAO yet… That’s part of their genius. Launch on the rails, DAO down the road. Again, as far as some of the other questions - please check all the documentation online and let me know where you feel there are gaps. I am sure they can answer to your (and everyone’s) satisfaction!

Please join the AMA if at all possible on Friday!

We have an AMA with Charlie from Nemus tomorrow, at 11am CST. Please come!

19.5 ETH at what USD conversion?

Is anybody else concerned that Nemus is on Ethereum, which is not eco-friendly? When an environment-protection NFT uses Ethereum, it’s peak irony. The projects tend to get shamed in the media.

This looks like a pretty cool project and definitely a cause that we should all care about. Thanks @DAOvolution and co for working hard to put this partnership / conversation investment together. I support the proposal with some questions / comments below.

1. Has Nemus already purchased the land and are looking for partners, or are they using the NFT sales as a means to raise the capital for the purchase?
  2. I would request CityDAO to appoint a point-person for the Nemus Partnership. This could be Josh since he seems most involved. Said point-person should provide regular updates to the DAO on what’s happening through the partnership.
  3. If/when this proposal passes, and our logo is on the Nemus parcel viewer, I would request the Community Guild (@Syntonikka.eth) to prepare some social media / website PR (Blog Post, Tweets, etc.) so that we can immediately leverage the marketing benefit from it.
  4. Probably a separate proposal (or run through a guild) but I think it would be great if 1-2 members of CityDAO take a trip down to our parcel and Vlog (5-10 min video) their trip with a focus on the parcel, the community, and why the Nemus and CityDAO visions are aligned. This would make Citizens feel great and could also be great for Marketing/PR.

Media has bias, as do banks - like shaming anything crypto related - because it disrupts their power structures. Also, you may have heard, but there is this big thing happening as we speak where Ethereum is shifting to proof of stake. Additionally, I won’t speak for Nemus, but they have repeatedly expressed interest in being multichain (obv they can go L2 as well). The media are experts in FUD my friend, don’t believe everything you hear or read!

Thanks @asincrypto! @Syntonikka.eth and I are definitely happy to run point on #2/3! (Community and Real Estate will play an integral role should this proposal pass!) #4 sounds LEGIT!!! I would be a fan of that!

#1 is a great question and I do not want to misspeak, but I know the Nemus crew is more than happy to shed as much light on the ownership and roadmap questions! My favorite thing about Nemus is their transparency. There is nuance to trying to run a project like this in a country like Brazil, but I believe all can find credible and trustworthy answers directly from the team (or in their FAQs!)