Parcel Agartha aims to establish a living example of an agricultural community that’s a regenerative living institute.
- To exercise and document methods of regenerative farming
- To create a local community of diverse culture thru seasonal residencies
- To crowdfund with CityDAO’s publicity
- To be financially sustainable in forms of farming, retreats, residencies & incubators
- To offer CityDAO citizens:
- exclusive timeshares
- discounted stays
- events invite
- sustainability initiative incubation
Here we propose CityDAO Parcel Agartha — A regenerative living institute for agroforest & eco community.
- Syntonikka - project management, design & branding
- Cardfarm - land & farming technique research
- Kkopczyn (tentative) - legal, finance, real-estate advisory
- Community Food Forest with High Tech Farming
- Animal Husbandry
- Seasonal Residential Retreat
- Seasonal Hacker House Among Nature
- Seasonal Artist Residency
- Sustainability Incubator Lab
- Artists’ Solarpunk Cafe Library
- Camping Festival & Other Community Events
- Classes & Workshops (yoga, meditation, philosophy, gardening, software engineering, music, etc…)
Parcel Agartha aim to gather initial capital with the form of distribute governance tokens and other crowdfund methods, so it will NOT take away capital from the CityDAO treasury EXCEPT initial operational cost of: $2500 per facilitator
*Parcel Agartha aims to create its own operational treasury and ask for ONLY Legal, Operation & Publicity support from CityDAO to kickstart the project (in adherence to CIP 65 Project Empowerment)
- NFT Design + Launch platform support from Design & Dev guild
- Branding & Marketing support from Media guild
- Community support from Community guild
- Legal & Compliance support from Legal & Compliance guild
- Copywriting support form Education guild
- Relatively close to city centers (less than 1.5 hr drive)
- Have 40-100 acres of land
- Have at least 1 existing structure to be immediately operational
- Relatively painless zoning law (needs research)
A great example is something like these:
- Parcel Agartha NFT Drop
- Working closely with CityDAO guilds on a plan to drop Parcel Agartha governance token (how many, how much, marketing plan, what are the rights, etc)
- Prepare marketing materials + conceptual blueprint for what the farm will be used for & visualizations
- Parcel Agartha would have its separate treasury for the Parcel Agartha land acquisition and operations cost.
- Parcel Agartha can pledge to give X% back to CityDAO treasury
- Funding Initiate (aside from governance token issuance):
- Land Research
- Land environment + soil health
- Planting technique for soil diversity
- Environment design + blueprint
- Farming technique research (a combination of hydroponic, aquaponic + robotics)
- Commercial license permit
- Building permit
- Land acquisition + Commercial License Setup + Apply Building Permit
- Parcel Agartha Build in Action
- Parcel Agartha Project Teams propose Farm Improvement Proposals
- Parcel Agartha token holders vote on proposal options
- Plant Some Trees & Let’s Start Farming!
- We aim to rely on renewable energy such as: solar, wind, hydro (depends on the terrain!)
- Regenerative farming techniques such as: Biggest Little Farm, FarmHack, Farmbot, Efficient Keyhole Garden
- Eco Building techniques such as Zomes, Earthships & Bioveda
- Implement Composting & Biogas Techniques (We aim to produce close to zero waste!)
- Greywater garden such as this one & John Todd’s Living Machines
- Efficient Rainwater Catching system
- For the areas not being used for farming & residencial, there will be trees planted by volunteers! (agroforestry)
- We can collect carbon credits from rich people who feel guilty flying private jets
- Parcel Agartha’s goal is to turn barren farmland to a beautiful forest as carbon sinks to create a regenerative living environment. Parcel Agartha aim to also provide retreat and camping opportunities for the public (ParcelFarm NFT holders and CityDAO citizens would get exclusive timeshares at Parcel Agartha)
- Parcel Agartha intend to become financially sustainable in ways of:
- Lodging / Retreat Revenue
- Organic Produce Export
- Sustainability & Artist Incubator Revenue (shares of projects incubated)
- Camping Event Revenue (music festival?)
- Cafe Revenue (‘Solarpunk’ Cafe with local organic food)
- Other Events such as: Yoga, Meditation, Classes, etc
- Carbon Credit
- Fundings for public goods for open sourcing its solutions to rest of the world
CityDAO would support this vision of a community governed organic food forest & eco retreat. Grow and export organic food, have an all-organic cafe next to it for its retreat residents & CityDAO citizens.
A great example is something like this: 230 People LIVING COMMUNALLY: TOUR of Ithaca EcoVillage — Ep. 051 - YouTube
Farm produce & residency income is not enough to sustain financial income for the first few quarters, need to reduce cost & think about other financing strategies.
- The mission of CityDAO is to build the network city of the future where everything is on-chain, making the physical world decentralized, transparent, immutable and permissionless.
- This parcel will be collectively governed on-chain by its holders, belonging to the greater CityDAO network as one of the elements.
- This parcel will be accessible to citizens in forms of timeshare.
- This parcel will implement existing or develop new transparent food distribution technologies that allow everyone to see where the food is grown (sensors & digital twin of the farm), where it’s being sent to (transparent on-chain distribution network)
- This parcel is a proof-of-concept on sustainable housing & eco environment, if it can be proven successful it can be implemented any corner of the world as a CityDAO ‘node’
As we are building living spaces of the future, it’s imperative that we redesign our relationship with the environment, create regenerative ecosystems, and provide healthy, affordable and fun lifestyles for citizens and the public.
I will list 5 core principles of how this parcel and its team would operate:
Design a system that plays a positive-sum game and increment abundance for the long run.
We aim to be financially regenerative with a viable sustainable financial model.
We aim to be environmentally regenerative by carefully designing crops to increase soil diversity for healthier soil and better climate. (No pesticides ever, environmental health is our no.1 priority)
We aim to be emotionally regenerative by creating a healthy working/living environment among beautiful nature, in harmony with each other.
We want to design our environment so we can eventually source our own food, water, and energy in order to increase resilience to SHTF scenarios like global pandemic, loss of trade or WWIII. We want to encourage everyone to start consuming locally and this is just the first step.
An inclusive and diverse culture and a melting pot of ideologies is the root for innovation and compassion. We aim to invite people from all cultural backgrounds, beliefs, identities to live together and learn from each other.
We believe having a strong community is at the core of all individuals’ physical & mental wellbeing. We aim to create a space for communities to help each other, share resources, have quality time, live and thrive together.
We want to bring the culture of cutting-edge innovation into the concept of eco living.
Utilizing technologies like robotics, computer vision, climate sensors, machine learning and other advanced technologies to optimize farm operations and using blockchain solutions to optimize farming, energy, waste management, infrastructure and governance.
Thank you for reading thru this proposal, this is only our first draft for this project, many things are subjected to change.
Please share comments & feedbacks! Thank you!