CIP-F 1: Issue Founding Citizen NFTs to Dev Team

I think it would be cool if we could reward the developers with some sort of Karma token that would have no financial value. The tokens may somehow be tied to their identity without revealing their identity. The tokens wouldn’t be transferable (once awarded) or salable. Perhaps over time, citizens who have high Karma tokens will get NFTs minted that are held by the DAO, like statues in the real world. Things that will mark the achievement of citizens that helped the DAO become successful. Like a historical timeline on the blockchain for the city. Perhaps all the citizens get X Karma tokens to award each month.

1 Like

agree to not issuing additional. Keep as is and reallocate.

this is good for cip-f 1 reply

Seems to me the core question to be asked is

“do we want people to be rewarded for being early or for their contributions?”

It doesn’t have to be an either/or question; but we need to weight them.

Personally, I feel contributions are more important then time in the project. Everything else won’t be long-term sustainable.

At the same time it’s important not to devalue “founders” holders by increasing supply. That’s exactly what adding more tokens will do and is a slippery road, as it will be hard to answer where to draw the line. There will more people putting in 1000s of hours over the next 1-2-3 years into this project. And looking back 10 years from all of this will be seen as “founding activities”?!

Not a big fan of the idea. To make this sustainable we want to be in the position to financially reward people for their contributions. The more we can afford to do so, the more talented builders we will attract. The more talented builders we have working on this project, the further we will come

Closing this CIP. The vote did not pass.