CityDAO Charter (Version 0)

Having read CIP-16, I believe these issues are not part of the Charter. Not to say they’re not important - the issue of liability is critical - just that this probably wouldn’t be in the Charter, which an aspirational statement of governance.

My understanding is that owning a citizenship NFT does not open individuals up to liability from CityDAO based on your tortious slip and fall example. Landowners are responsible for dangerous conditions on their land that they know or should have known of and CityDAO LLC is the landowner. As there is limited liability, no individual citizens would bear liability.

I recently proposed the Legal Guild (Proposal for CityDAO Legal Guild) and one of the issues we propose to discuss is whether CityDAO wants to create securitized investments for accredited investors for future parcels. However, for Parcel 0, so long as the land isn’t used for profit, liability shouldn’t be an issue for the individuals. This is just my take. We should discuss it more and get Ethlaw’s opinion.