Condo Associations, Home Owner Associations, Neighborhood Associations, etc

Today @Fugyeah suggested doing a condo project with a Condo Association.

This is a viable step on the path to building a city however CityDAO has not proven an ability to draft any governing document(s) for any legal entity.

So whether CityDAO funds or incubates a Condo Association, a Home Owner Association, a Neighborhood Association, or a literal City Council, in all cases it must produce organizing documents with a mechanism for consensus, and it can’t even do an Operating Agreement for an LLC.

I’m not sure I understand what this is a proposal for. I thought CIPs were CityDAO Improvement Proposals. This seems to be a criticism. Whether it is true or false, I would think this might not be the correct forum for this post.

This isn’t a CIP and Forums don’t need to be exclusively CIP posts. Do you participate in any other Discourse Forums for any DAOs?

So @MaxRealEstate, what is your proposal to create a mechanism for producing organizing documents. I assume you are talking about legal documents.

I am a dev so I don’t have any experience with that field but I would like to hear what recommend.

I agree with max that it’s not an inappropriate forum, although it’s totally wrong.

This sort of legal engineering is what I do every day @slyracoon23

The best mechanism for producing open source docs is to have a high quality group of lawyers develop them.

It’s hard to find one high quality lawyer let alone a group but I have a stable that I am working with including a weekly meeting in LexDAO’s Discord of RealAssetsDAO which I project manage.

Condo docs are not particularly difficult to find a base. We don’t need to rebuild the wheel from scratch every time.

How many condo docs have you done?

Hundreds. And I worked that section of statute for a decade in my past life working for the Florida legislature, so I’m pretty familiar with condo law and condo docs . Obviously each state is slightly different fbut not to the point where you need to start over learning.

What is ‘legal engineering?’
Is that a funny way of saying you are a lawyer or is it saying you’re not a lawyer but a ‘legal expert’

Neither. See this community discussion of Legal Engineering

https://twitter.com/jacobrobinsonjd/status/1496942144375820292?s=21&t=ksThR2k1GYIvvPT8U-UfBg

That’s great! What was your role on the hundreds of condo docs? Were you the real estate developer or lawyer or ?

I would like to learn more. Can you provide a link to the pod they are referencing? Thanks.