How should we use Baby Parcel?

After a good read I see the focus is on short-term goals to establish a consistent form of funding and building, which makes sense. I did have some fun brainstorming long-term ideas though!

I think it would be good to to create the initial space as multifunctional and cost-effective as possible, covering some basics then expanding. It should provide a means to gather safely for citizens and visitors, as well as potential DAO treasury income by leasing it to organizers for events.

Set-up stage:

• A safe community gathering space

• Provide warmth, power, light, and basic sanitary services

• Some basic provision storage for refreshments and snacks

• Seating, tables ┳━┳ !

• Security (CCTV/Alarm) (Data protection to consider there)

Growth stage

• Function as an event space for Web 3 and crypto forums / conventions

• Fully equiped kitchen to cater for events (and so I have somewhere to cook curries ofc :yum: )

• Better sanitary service, such as showers

• Sleeping / personal units. (This capsule hotel near my old place in Kyoto comes to mind. It recieved some attention from the backpacking community on YouTube for the private, yet somehow good size rooms, amazing public refreshment and washing facilities (as far as capsule hotels go). Not necessarily ideal for long term living, but a good space-economizing design and something to consider in the “hamlet stage” of Baby Parcel and for the purposes of convening at a location for a few days at a time.

• Community art wall for Web 3 graffiti artists to showcase their work physically. Cheap to make, fun for the community.

Potential Web3 / Innovation integrations to consider:

• Provide a gallery area for citizen NFTs. Speakers in place for NFT music streaming.

• A 1:1 AR / VR map as the city grows and to help market the space to AR/VR tech companies for testing, research, and conventions

• Innovative energy and green building solutions (virtical gardens, heat pumps)

• Establishing a formal hiking route up the mountains as a tourist attraction

• A public Web 3 digital library with access to academic blockchain publisers and independent research

• Utilizing a Web 3 talent network to source growing human resource needs (at a later stage)

• Intergrating with Proof of Humanity for blockchain ID services

How to get started?

• Doing some basic grid planning and allocating sites. (Super long-term I think circular grid cities are a good choice)

• Finding the most cost effective way to get physically up and running - In my opinion, a modular prefab unit might be good! Similar to those used at university campuses. It would be good to target an envrionmentally concious company to illustrate our commitment and for good publicity.

• Figuring out the most viable natural source of power for the area. It is quite open, so I assume wind or solar would be a good option?

• Assessing how to get water services set up. Environmentally concious would be ideal.

• Finding an internet provider. Web 3 would be natural. Helium Network is one such example, although I can’t speak for the network quality.

• Costing everything

On a personal note, those mountains are SO beautiful and would make an excellent space for Buddhist/spiritual/philosophy retreats from the city :blush:

1 Like