Next steps for CityDAO

Next biggest step, should think about the tokenise based on CityDAO.

This cryptocurrency will be same value as profit of treasury, and distributed (airdrop) to the citizens, monthly, quarterly or yearly.

The Fiat currency profit will be back to the treasury for expanding / buying more properties.

NFT is shareholder of the treasury;
Token is the benefit or the profit of the real estates.

I think we can imagine more if we can make this model works first.

Community will grow fast, because our Fiat currency are reserving real estate and NFT, and even more generating crypto.

1 Like

Buying yeā€™s ranch in Wyoming would be big time. When we make an offer you guys should discuss with him also what to do with the future of the ranch.

You can love or hate Ye but this man never misses when it comes to his endeavours.

on a other note:

Very very interesting project and I support it to the fullest. Decentralizing the oppertunity to own land or real estate is a paradigm shift for the people.

The management of the treasury should not be individuals even if he is elected by DAO. Prefer a traditional accounting system. Or at least a multiple signatures in charge.

Since we already have the land, it is better to show people how we build it into a city through governance.

1 Like

This is actually the road map we need for now i believe.

1 Like

:thinking:

Not a bad idea, Iā€™m going to think about it now. :slight_smile:

I think we also need specific and clear targets for treasury like $1m profit for the Q1-2022. This may help to choose the right investment paths.

4 Likes

I like the city vision. But, going all in on the vision as a first step is hard to implement.

First step should be something concrete and exciting. Something people will be proud to talk about to their friends and family even if it doesnā€™t make money.

1 Like

I believe being part of CityDAO is much more than fundraising and real estate investing. We should show the world how a nation can be built from the scratch with the challanges we are facing rn in our lives, countries,citiesā€¦

As this is an experiment, lets think biggerā€¦ and start with codes and principlesā€¦ We should built something that all the crowd wants to get in and being participant to build the futureā€¦

6 Likes

I am not sure that buying a town or real estate for rent should be part of CityDAO vision?
More inclined to vision that is closer to metaverse, and have development on a metaverse, since having a real estate to rent is not very innovative, and there is several other projects that tokenize their real estate purchases.

CityDAO should be about metaverse, and producing construction development in metaverse, where all citizens could be virtual neighbors and hanging around in our own metaverse.

Buying an island where citizens (cityDAO holders) would have exclusive access, could be long-term goal, but there is a lot to be defined regarding governance and development prior to buying properties IRL.

4 Likes

I dont think we should buy more properties at the start. Treasury growth and making clear roadmap of what we should do with the land we already have is the priority. Also metaverse theme is interesting to brainstorm.
As for buying smth big like actual city block or island and developing it I see it as a final midterm goal.

3 Likes

Can we consider building a tiny house crypto city

As an example to innovative iving OCD19 era

A miniature tiny house boardwalk city with a New Orleans feel and blues music

We would show the world how a community can be built

Pepe said he likes

1 Like

Rather then building one huge tree, Iā€™d suggest to plan 5-6 seeds that can all grow into their own trees.

With 8m in the treasury and thousands (?!) talented and motivated community members it shouldnā€™t be an either/or but rather a yes/and discussion.

Cons of focusing on 1-2 projects:

* over-dependence on one core team
* over-dependence on one legal country (we have much more autonomy living in the blockchain with local compromises than the other way around)
* exclusion of most of the community (geographically, interests and talents) and limitation of future marketing

I suggest to set us up in a way that can we pursue 4-5 different projects.

All these projects should have the goal to become self-sustainable after the initial capital injection. And all of these projects should have the ability to form a community and initially a city around it.

Funds are not unlimited, but very meaningful and there is no big point holding back, as long as we can apply the capital in a meaningful way. In many parts outside the US and Europe the funds will get much furtherā€¦

Suggest we split the treasury roughly

* 20% emergency fund 
* 20% "headquarter" (overall ops, finance, dev, marketing etc)
* 20% project 1 in the US
* 20% project 2 in Europe
* 20% project 3 in Asia
* 20% project 4 in Central/South america

Now team US could build a community around a crypto-mining farm.
Team Europe could build a community around a web3.0 tourist spot/pilgrimage/art centerā€¦

(just some examples; this way we just need to agree on 3-4-5 big ideas instead of 1)

That would mean roughly 1 million USD per team.

We could set a timeline for letā€™s say 2 years to build something that is self-sustainable.

In the meanwhile we use the headquarter funds to streamline our marketing efforts.
For example in each destination we could sponsor somebody living there full-time and documenting the whole journey on Youtube.

At the same time we combine each project with local tourism. Letā€™s have 1 space for 10-20 people to stay. Maybe an eco-lodge in Portugal, maybe a pool villa in Thailand, maybe a farm homestay in Texas. We sponsor ā€œoff the gridā€ people to create a self-sustainable agriculture and to run it as a home-stay.

Staying at these places can then become a revenue stream (Airbnb bookings or better team-retreats for web3.0 companies who want to witness this historical location and project)

By the time we run out of 90% of our finds in two years from now, we both have enough utility and brand to easily get 10-100x of the funds from the next mint.

This money gets then distributed to the most promising projects by then (and a few new ones!)

4 Likes

All in for city will provide a lot of positive network effects within the community.

1 Like

I think this is a good idea. I can try it

1 Like

Letā€™s go all-in on the city vision. Thatā€™s what weā€™re here for.

1 Like

Should we now formulate a feasibility plan for development first, like municipalities?

2 Likes

Before making suggestions, I want to get answers to these questions. First, what are the powers we can exercise on the existing land? Second, what about the population, business conditions and road traffic resources around the existing land?

2 Likes

First of all, I am very glad that I can participate in the construction of CityDao. In my opinion, we should first make use of the only 800M capital in the National Treasury to earn more capital. Therefore, we should consider whether to turn our territory into a profitable entertainment place and expand our land with the money earned, and then consider settling down and leaving leaves. It can also be made into a place dedicated to providing technical support for the blockchain industry, a meeting place or even a fund raising place to gain profits

2 Likes
  • Shall we bid on the advertising space on our land
1 Like