This proposal seeks to clarify the roles, responsibilities and OKRs of the Design Guild. This does not seek to supplant or replace CIP-69, unless it does not pass a Snapshot vote, at which point this proposal may move to an independent Snapshot vote.
Our focus this quarter is on the following 3 objectives:
To continue growing a talented, diverse and open community of designers that are committed to CityDAO’s mission and vision.
To work closely with the Development Guild to ship well-designed products.
To work collaboratively with all guilds to fulfill design requests as needed.
Here is the full list of key highlights & learnings from Q2.
Objective 1: Website
- Shipped the long-awaited update to CityDAO’s website to include pages for Citizens, Guilds, Events, Parcels and Grants.
- Redesign and refresh of website styles to appear more professional, up-to-date and inline with the current design system.
- Integrations with Notion, Discord, Google and Sobol to automate live updates to the site.
Objective 2: Parcel 0 NFT Drop
- Worked closely with Dev guild to design and implement Parcel 0 Claim Website
- Designed holding image for Parcel 0 NFT.
Objective 3: Parcel 0 Parcel Viewer
- Worked closely with Dev guild to improve design of the Parcel 0 Parcel Viewer.
- Designed revealed NFT Image for Parcel 0.
Objective 4: CityDAO Design System/Style Guide
- Developed a working style guide/design system that can be used across guilds to streamline visual communication and messaging.
Objective 5: Miscellaneous Design Bounties
- Completed various external guild bounties for posters/banners/other assets.
- Completed several internal “competition” style bounties aimed at being conducive to creative submissions open to various skill levels and backgrounds.
Continuing Activities & Proposed Budget
This quarter, we are continuing to use OKRs (Objectives and Key Results):
- Grow Design Guild Talent Pool
— Number of bounties claimed by # of unique individuals (recruitment)
— Number of bounties claimed by # of same individuals (retention)
- Work Closely with Dev Guild to Ship Product
— Number of projects shipped where design support is provided
— Number of bounties claimed from aforementioned projects
- Fulfill CityDAO-wide design requests as needed.
— Number of design requests successfully completed
— Number of bounties claimed from aforementioned requests
Q3 Budget Requirements
|Budget Category||Description||Amount||Miscellaneous||Variation from last quarter|
|Facilitator||Monthly Comp.||$5,000||* 5 NFTs total||NA|
|Bounties||Bounties and Expenses||$10,000||* 10 NFTs total||NA|
***There will be approximately $12,000 remaining in the treasury at the end of Q2. Thus, with an additional request of $15,000, that will bring the total to $27,000.
The Design Guild will consist of one facilitator, Casey, who will then bounty, guide and empower multiple individuals to become project managers, assistant managers and contributors.
Casey has a background managing design teams for a number of projects and startups in the web 2 space, and is an active contributor to various Web 3 projects, including CityDAO.