CIP-137: Outward Facing Team

These are valuable points. It’s true that those who have liked this proposal so far are mostly those who are named in it. This could be seen as “those who stand to benefit monetarily.” It could also be seen as “those who are particularly concerned about keeping our community and marketing going”.

The idea was that, being coordinape based, anyone who provides value could benefit monetarily. But I agree that we want to have proposals that benefit the DAO, not the members who stand to personally profit. I think this is where the voting and quorum would be more important than the mere 20 likes.

I do like @Nick123’s suggestion to add active discord members to the voting circle. Maybe we could just ask who wants to be added? Theoretically, the circle is meant to be those who contribute value but there’s merit to having others for fairness and transparency.

I also agree that taking a pause until governance is improved is reasonable. But I share the concern that we might end up pausing until we have no more community. But if we stop moderating the discord to remove spam bots, what happens? How long do we pause for? Having a set timeline for the pause might help in considering a pause.

2 Likes