CIP 190 - ETH Toronto Expenses Reimbursement

Overview

This CIP seeks to reimburse MemeBrains for $2,753.65 of expenses he incurred while establishing a CityDAO presence at ETH Toronto earlier this year, August 2023.

Here is the One-Page Summary Report for CityDAO at ETH Toronto including details on the DAO panel with 100+ attendees, the Bankless DAO after-party collaboration with 75+ attendees, the CityDAO event banner, event badge minting, video interviews with attendees and other photos/videos for social media sharing and branding purposes, and more.

Here is the Master Folder for all ETH Toronto event files including photos, videos, budgeting etc.

Here is the Costs Detail Breakdown for the $2,753.65 of expenses sought to be reimbursed. Note that the expenses sought to be reimbursed from this CIP are for physical out-of-pocket expenses only. None of the funds requested for in this CIP are for his personal time as this was a volunteer based initiative.

Background

CityDAO has participated at numerous major events in the past such as Permissionless, ETH Denver, DCentral, and more. Participating at these events provides benefits such as; potential recruitment of new contributors, credibility in the ecosystem, IRL meeting points for CityDAO Citizens to get to know each other better, in-person meeting and strategy sessions for Citizens, social media content, and more.

MemeBrains used to have a small event production company from his early entrepreneurial career and produced approx 12 events for the Toronto small-business community ranging from 50ppl - 500ppl in size. He volunteered himself to carry out this initiative for CityDAO and utilized the opportunity to simultaneously commence the creation of a minimum accountability framework for CityDAO event coordinators across the globe.

Here is a draft/working-copy of the event coordination accountability framework for CityDAO which MemeBrains has been working on, please feel free to add your input and help in this creation process before it is posted on Discourse.

33 Likes

Nice job representing CityDAO memebrains!!

2 Likes

I can attest firsthand that this is well-deserved! Thank you @MemeBrains for the accounting. You added value, and I hope it gets reimbursed. If this doesn’t go through, we still have the truth that what goes around comes around :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Well done!

3 Likes

You’re a legend for doing this, I think it’s completely reasonable for the DAO to reimburse you on this!

2 Likes

Thanks man, I appreciate your support! :pray: :heart:

2 Likes

Thanks yo! I think for the next one is to figure out how to help recruit more people to start building with us, been brainstorming on that for a while now and still thinking on it :mechanical_arm:

2 Likes

Instead of constantly criticizing people with no reason, you always choose contributing this community. We need more “memebrains” here!

You deserve the best. My best wishes are with you.

Well done!

5 Likes

Thank you man! I appreciate the positive sentiment :pray:

2 Likes

Thanks memebrains!
In a time when humanity needs individuals who take initiative and are accountable more than ever, you have set a perfect example.

(TBH I got some assistance from ChatGPT to express my thoughts :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks memebrain for being a representative in this event! You’re the best!

3 Likes

Good to see

3 Likes

Thank you for your perspective and support @Tuncay :pray:

I really appreciate it! :heart:

1 Like

Thank you @chompk and @PoPStudiO for your support :pray:

Feel free to dm me anytime if you have input or comments on anything, happy to help! :mechanical_arm:

2 Likes

:latin_cross::star_and_crescent::yin_yang::six_pointed_star: Tanrı Seni Kutsasın

3 Likes

Thank you for your support Tarkan :pray:

2 Likes