This post is an update on CIP-111 and below is the proposal that will be going to snapshot pending confirmation of space availability and suggested updates.
SNAPSHOT LIVE: Snapshot
DAO Labs will be an innovation hub to build for aspiring and current Web3 enthusiasts, developers, engineers, designers and community members.
Co-working spaces such as WeWork are expensive and adopt a corporate and formal culture, one that struggles to embrace and encourage innovation and creative thinking.
DAOLabs aims to provide these creators and innovators with a new type of working model that seeks to be engaging, and fair and promotes building and innovation.
DAOLabs does this in a number of ways;
The launch of DAOLabs Denver will provide citizens with free access to the DAOLabs for the first 90 days of Launch. During this time, the DAOLabs team aims to finalise the development of the Partial Common Ownership business model and the future development of the project.
- Off-Peak free access to Citizens
- xx hours worth of free access passes per month
- Priority Booking during on-peak hours
DAOLabs proposes Denver, Colorado as the initial location. This is due to a number of factors such as:
- Reasonable lease prices: Lease prices in Denver are better valued than in some other researched states such as NY, TX, FL, CA, Etc
- Denver’s Tech Community: Denver is known for its bustling tech and startup community.
- ETHDenver: This is one of the largest crypto events and having a location where we can facilitate a space for people to build throughout the event, but also gain publicity through the event.
- Central Location: Denver, CO is quite a central location to other states in the USA.
- Denver is extremely close to both Parcel 0 and Parcel Blanca and can act as a hub/lab between the two.
Pending the success of DAOLabs Denver, DAOLabs aims to open a number of similar spaces to be used by citizens around the globe.
DAOLabs aims to be community driven. Certain amounts of capital can be allocated by the community to upgrade the locations for their benefit and at their specification.
DAOLabs will utilise QV Funding models to fund projects within the locations. The goal of this is to fund startups and projects in the DAOLabs space in a fair and efficient manner.
Members of DAOLabs can earn sponsorship for themselves and their teams. This is done through our sponsors and aims to provide top projects and individuals with the opportunity to bootstrap their development.
Partial Common ownership (PCO) is a new form of ownership and of managing assets that is fairer and more efficient than those under capitalism or communism.
In PCO or Plural Property assets belong to no one and everyone. An asset’s current possessor must self-assess and declare its value. Based on the self-assessed value, they pay a fee, which can be used to fund public goods, or distributed as a social dividend. If somebody bids more for that asset, current possessors sell it for their self-assessed value, resulting in more benefits for the public.
DAOLabs Inherits Mechanisms from PCO and Plural Property to create a unique ownership model for our builder Space.
Users of the space will have the ability to view all of the desks available each day.
Desks may utilise a lease structure incorporating PCO to obtain the maximum economic benefit from each desk and location allowing DAOLabs to grow at an optimal rate.
CIP-111 proposes the following:
Full support from CityDAO for media assistance and coordination
$162,500 to cover the lease of the property for 1 year.
$37,500 to cover any other incurred expenses until the space has a positive cash flow
*Incurred expenses include design & development budget, travel costs, insurance, maintenance etc.
$20,000 Compensation to the team for execution and setup of the space
Snapshot Completion Date: 15th October 2022
Lease engagement: 16th September - 22nd October 2022
Lease Start Date: 10th November 2022
DAOLabs Opening: 11th November 2022
DAOLabs Business Model and Software Refinement: 1st February 2023
Milestone 1: Snapshot Completion
Milestone 2: Space Lease and Organisation
Milestone 3: Partners Onboarding
Milestone 4: Space Launch and Citizen Introduction
CIP-111 aims to deliver the following to CityDAO Community:
Space for citizens
Space to try real-life experiments
- Venture Capitalist Firms: To provide support and assistance to sponsor projects in DAOLabs
- Technology Groups: To advance the adoption of web3 into web2 through DAOLabs projects
- Major Blockchain Protocols: To provide support and assistance to sponsor projects in DAOLabs.
- Oisin Lyons (Lyons800) - Lead on Space
- Konrad - Operations Assist
- Josh - Real estate
- Pass Snapshot Proposal
- Create CIP-111 Team Multi-sig
- Send $220,000 from the main treasury to the multisig
- Off-ramp funds if necessary for proof of funding requirements on lease.