ETHIstanbul & notDEVCON

David, as you lack of marketing skills and knowledge, i guess here you have to trust me. All things you mentioned above have no meaning at marketing world.

You make an event and not hire a photographer ? You dont want to promote the event ?
You sponsor to an event and not contruct a booth ? rent a TV ?
You dont know what roll-ups are ?
Do you know the budget for a designer ? (agency)

In one comment you complain about budget where you have no experience at and at another you want me to show bills (which you actually accuse me with something obviously).

Yesterday at Turkish community call, people actually supported the idea and understood the concept of marketing. All web 3 community will be there, there is a huge chance our citizen Vitalik will be there, so its for our best to show CityDAO in a great way.

Its not just a table and a flag work !

Before I could support this, I’d need to see SMART goals that could judge if this event was a success.

Could you speak to “gain new citizens”? To my knowledge, there aren’t any unminted NFTs yet. So any “new” citizens would require a selling partner to purchase their NFT, likely netting a zero gain.

1 Like

Having taught management classes at a university for a decade, anytime someone says “you don’t know this, just trust me” it raises red flags. You assume I’m accusing you because I ask for proof that the booths cost $8K? In management, no one would ever give money to people without proof and invoices. That’s basic. When people choose to take things as insults, it’s often because they don’t have the proof to back up what they’re saying and it’s much easier to act insulted than to simply demonstrate best practices. Instead of telling me what I don’t know, you could have just shown us all the website that says the booth price.

to add to this, a common saying in crypto is “don’t trust, verify”, when I do a simple google search for “notdevcon” nothing is coming up. Could you please link to their site?

I did find this for ETH Istanbul. https://ethistanbul.org/

Currently, it looks like they have three partners on their website less than thirty days out. At this time, based on the little bit of due diligence I have done, I would not be able to support this proposal as is. Does not appear that there would be enough people to make it worthwhile. If the scope of this was to a more grassroots movement and was maybe to help cover the costs of two or three ambassadors from city dao in the area to go and attend, I may be able to get behind that.

For sure there are no unminted NFTs. Gaining new citizens dont mean turnover for CityDAO (as we dont have any royalty gain for now), it means new community members

1 Like

I said above that i can provide all datas & invoices after i start working. Didn’t i ?

How can i give the booth price when we dont have a design yet ? Btw, by booth i means display & stand

Again the budget is below. All accurate but still draft. I mentioned before i planned to make as merch as possible but with limited time, it seems 4K is even not enough for both events.

Sponsorship : 8 K $
Design and Construction of booth : 1.5 K $
IRL event : 2 K $
Merch : 4 K $
Photographer & Videographer : 500 $
Roll-ups : 200 $
Hostess : 100 $
Misc expenses : 1.7 K $

2 Likes

you may find notDEVCON here.

Istanbul Technical University, blockchain community

1 Like

Again, with out concrete SMART goals and ways to hold accountable, this seems like going to a conference to party. I am considering making a CIP to hold all future conferences that CITY DAO attends, adhere to a set of strict rules, and must have SMART goals and accountability.

This would be a perfect time to set the standard going forward.

Could you provide estimated new City DAO members for the conference you expect to gain from this event?

at current/recent sales of the last 90 days per open sea, there has been 8.21 ETH of volume, and 94 sales.

At 10% creator royalties, which I assume goes to the treasury, we made .821 ETH over the last 90 days. To be generous at the high-end price of ETH for the last 90 days is $2025.56. So this would equate to $1,662.98 of revenue for the dao being generous in my numbers/figures.

at

to recoup the costs of $18k, you would need to convert at today’s high price of ETH $1600~ means a break even point of 112.5 NFTs sold. Which we haven’t done in the last 90 days.

As I said, if costs were lowered and smart goals were laid out, I’d consider supporting this in voting. At this time, I cannot.

I hope we can hold all future conferences/CIPs to this level of due diligence and scrutiny when it comes to ROI for City DAO moving forward. I will be looking to put together a CIP for these standards moving forward and hope that we as a collective DAO can make reasonable business decisions moving forward for the sake of the longevity of the DAO.

1 Like

I really loved how you use data as a marketeer. I really do cause ROI is important right ?

a note: We dont have a %10 royalty right now unfortunately

I consider these events as marketing investment to increase our brand awareness not as turnover. So the goal was never sell NFTs, get royalty and meet expenses.

I would also want to remind you that investing in marketing is a tricky business. You cannot expect to give 1 M $ ad to TV and get the same profit at the same year. Its a open market with competitors and you have to be at stage in every possible way to atract consumers and gain their trust.

I wanted to organize the events with a complete plan that actually CityDAO didnt do until today. Thats why i went big. I wanted to reach as much community as we can. Like i said, you cannot be a sponsor to event and put a table with 10 tshirts on it.

Anyway, its been some days we couldnt go to snapshot. Snapshot take 1 week… If it would pass i know it would take some time to make the signers tx which will left me like 2 weeks for the preparations. Its a very limited time to make the things i promised.

So i cancel the CIP !

I hope CityDAO will have more opportunities like this in the future

2 Likes

It is very sad that this budget allocated for marketing is seen as excessive. I don’t know when an event where Vitalik will attend and speak will be held again in Turkey, but the opportunity we missed in terms of marketing is quite big. If we don’t change things, CityDAO will remain a place only we know.

2 Likes

agree, this is sad

1 Like