Next steps for CityDAO

I think the most important thing is to solve the hydropower problem

2 Likes

A “city vision” is too big of a bite to eat right now. We should start with a few smaller real estate options and introduce “tokenization” into how they operate, as laws permit. Some examples which we could start with that will be required in a city vision later on.

1. “On-chain” each real estate property, mortgage payments, and rental payments
  2. Allow renters to “own” their rental agreement on-chain
  3. DAO process to facilitate transfers between renters when moving occurs
  4. Small experiments with aligning incentives of the renters and the DAO with regards to the property value or the renters and other renters with regards to common areas.

Edit PS: We should start with empty real estate properties. Tenants signing up for this type of experimentation would be more likely to be forward looking and helpful to overcoming any short term woes. And we wouldn’t want to takeover a property and subject the current tenants to something they didn’t sign-up for.

3 Likes

How about creating a city where each block is built to look like one of the popular metaverses and game projects? It can be built in a modular way, but we need a large plot of land first (with scalable energy/waste removal/water supply).

I am sure that many Metaverse and game DAOs would appreciate a promotional opportunity to fund construction of their worlds in real life. Their treasuries are huuge. City could be like Disneyland/Las Vegas, but for teens and tech-loving adults.

• Metaverses could, in this way, offer innovative cross-experiences (virtual+real life) that are difficult to achieve solely in virtual worlds, and it would be a great place to concentrate or start AR projects and promotions (chasing Axies like Pokemons on the streets and who knows what those smart people can come up with).

• Owners of citizen NFTs and certain metaverse NFTs could get free entrance, tickets to VIP events, free or discounted sleepover or some other perk (based on availability and quotas) that would raise the value of those NFTs.

• We could set the highest standards/requirements when it comes to building, and invite other high-tech companies, like IoT ones, to donate smart home and other gadgets to the city in exchange for promotions. Maybe make a track for test driving a special concept Tesla, funded by Elon, in some dystopian environment. Doge crew could fund a Shiba shelter-heaven, where shibas will be served food and patted by robot dogs, as real rulers of the city should be.

• I am sure that the place would be packed with tourists as well as student field trips and excursions from all over Wayoming and beyond, to see how far the technology has advanced.

• After building a successful metaverse city there (without our money, except for land, utilities, legal and management side), we could move on and build a brand
 like, continue by buying an island and turning it into a metaverse island, or smtg like that. The value of each land plot (NFT) will grow as the city grows, built in a modular way, while it attracts more and more visitors, enriching DAO’s Treasury. Tickets would be another large source of revenue.

It would be a wasted opportunity if we don’t involve other crypto projects and use our collective knowledge and networks to achieve this goal.

2 Likes

Lets go all in, be the first, push the boundaries - lets collectively make it happen!

1 Like

I hope to realize the combination of virtual and reality through CEEKVR technology and truly create a virtual world.

2 Likes

After we got the land,we could focus on building something on it.The buildings could be related to Metaverse or Web3
How about building an amusement park or museum about Metaverse and Web3?So that we can bring more people to crypto world.

1 Like

Buraya turkiyeden katılıyoruz. Kalabalik aile ve arkadaslarim ile neredeyse 100 arsaya sahibiz. Oncelikle baskan ve senatör ve digerlerini seçmeliyiz. Bence ilk asamada cok para veren baskan ve senatör olsun. :money_mouth_face:Kasamizi ve tabiki bankamizi veya borsamizi olusturalim. Turklerde soyle bir söz vardır. Kervan yolda duzelir
 yani once yuruyelim devami gelir. Sizi seviyorum​:kissing_heart: cityDao, ona inananlarin kalbindedir.
Baskan Adayi
Mehmet can Yıldız
Tw.
@EskiYeniYatirim

1 Like

I’m interested in the possibility of using our land as a kind of lab for projects at the intersection of crypto and climate action

2 Likes

This is all awesome, very cool to see how far along this has come. I found out about this project via researching Prospera, in Honduras.

I happen to live in Northern Colorado, around ~7 hour drive to the Wyoming purchased plot. I could potentially drive up there for a day. I also happen to have Starlink (SpaceX satellite Internet), a generator, solar panels, etc. and some satellite phones. I don’t know if there is cell coverage in that area.

Perhaps CityDAO could look at investing in Prospera, which is aligned. Even as a Wyoming DAO, it can invest in the Honduras ZEDE. I’m not really pushing this idea, just a brainstorm.

Happy hacking!

1 Like

I am somewhat familiar with the region and have a sense of the terrain (it kind of looks like the areas around me in Colorado). For electricity generation, it has south facing slope, from what I can tell, which is good. But it is getting pretty far north, so it gets less sun than some other regions.

Wyoming is windy as hell. The wind blows over semi-trucks. This can generate a lot of electricity. It appears there is a bit of a ridgeline. The higher up you can put a wind turbine, the more power you can generate.

You also need to store the electricity, which is commonly done with nasty batteries, which is pretty much the default option. If you want to get crazy, you could do water gravity batteries down the slope, but it’s pretty impractical.

If you want Internet up there, get Starlink from SpaceX, it is the best option by far (if you can get it–probably wait-listed).

1 Like

Great thoughts! I grew up in Idaho, so much of what you write here resonates (especially about semis getting blown over by big winds :flushed:). I’m others on here take an interest in this particular line of thinking, around a kind of living lab for (crypto-)climate solutions, I’ll be excited to dig in further, but I think having a number of different solutions on display, and ideally being used to power/operate whatever ends up coming up on the site would be fun and compelling, and might turn the site into a type of pilgrimage destination for climate-tech folks

2 Likes

The organizational and most importantly legal implications of going all out on building cities and investment properties are extremely high. I am all out on being futuristic but for example consider this discussion of legal implications:

1 Like

I think this project is about designing a way to govern the future, while building a IRL POC.
If one wants to make money with real estate blockchain there are other NFTs that do that. (will not name any here for objectivity). If we want to be a DeFi fund, we are far behind others (not saying this isn’t the most lucrative way to make most % gains if this is our goal).
I would support a vision where a 5k-10k people are networked in building a new societal layer on top of what we have today.

Being part of history, no matter how successful, is unmatchable.

4 Likes

I do think this isn’t as sexy as some of the other ideas but it has the potential to be the most impactful in the day to day lives of people: We should try to put a condo on the Blockchain next. The documents and flow fit the DAO model.
Hundreds of millions of people around the world live in condominiums, especially in former Soviet countries.
If we can successfully adopt/invent this DAO to a condo model we will be trailblazers.

2 Likes

I second this. In order to fund this vision, we could parcel out the current plot that the DAO owns and sell them as NFTs (reserved for DAO Citizens first and then sold openly in tiers)
 The understanding would be that in the years to come, when the DAO has more resources, this plot would be developed according to the dao’s vision.

In the interim, we’d use the funds from the parcel sale coupled with the $8mil treasury to hone in on the City vision.

1 Like

i think this is the way :). just probably we can find projects with more profits and less costs.And thousands of citizens will help and test projects

1 Like

Hey guys i have a good topic for the development of citydao. It brings permaculture; sustainability etc. Its like a resource base economy. Like Jacque fresco made with the Venus project. I think this would be huge with that implemented. A focus on making resources without damage the environment or land, than use those resources for the city itself or to sell and money goes to treasury. Circular citys so its easy travel,when a bus gets to the end of line it will be at begining. Instead of how it works today, that it will have to go all the way to the company garage etc. Increasing performance all possible ways. Not making citys for cars but for people. With elevators transportation across the city.
Identical houses to promote the equality and not promote envye (like marketing is today) im full of knowledge about this and ideas if you guys care about it. Sadly i dont own NFT citizenship cause of the price.but if i can contribute i would be glad. There are ways to make crops spend 1/10 of the water needed. Ive seen ppl making deserts into real forests. Its all about the soil. And how we treat it.

These ideas were realy hard to implement on cities that are already built. But in this case of citydao we could start from scratch with Jacques Fresco Idea. Pls research for him and the venus project. The more you see the more youll connect with this project

4 Likes

not sure how i feel about Jacques - but i do really love the idea of creating permaculture on the land! building a city from the ground up means building a new human/natural ecosystem from the ground up!

1 Like

The more you see and read about him the more you love.
I will try to bring more if his legacy knowledge to this comunity and im sure it will be worth it for all.
As i said some things are only utopia because cities are already built, imagine the expenses to re construct cities

But in this case we are starting from scratch.

But to put him in prespective, we are talking about the guy that was saying planes should have a compartment that detaches from thw plain in case of crash and have parachutes to save the people
 Its being developed now, 30 or 40 years later.
He criticized the airbags in cars in the 80’s, saying if a alien saw this would think, airbags in the front? What if someone crash trough the side? What do we had like 10 years ago? Side airbags.

I will make a post with better content and videos if i can post them to help understand because its too much information and needs roots. If you dont see the roots you will say its impossible to do.

1 Like

DO it first, we should let more people know the citydao!

1 Like